Our team of veterinarians are able to provide San Diego pet euthanasia services in your own home.
Why Pet Euthanasia at Home in San Diego?
- The vet’s office is associated with unfamiliar smells, people, and white coats. Even though pets do not understand or anticipate death, they do anticipate discomfort.
- In your San Diego home, your pet is at his or her most comfortable. They don’t need to leave their favorite spot in the sun or move when they are in pain.
- You can be there by yourself or with the whole extended family. You can take your time, plus you don’t need to drive home afterward.
- Death is a major life transition. Euthanasia at home minimizes the medical aspect of this transition and allows you to focus on your pet.
What to Expect from Paws in Grace San Diego
Our San Diego veterinarian will arrive, greet you and your pet, and review paperwork. This can be filled out ahead of time by downloading the consent form. We will review the process and answer any questions.
We will administer a sedative plus a pain medication to allow your pet to relax into a deep sedation in about 10-15 minutes. You will be right by their side. We will inform you of the final procedure, allowing you to decide to stay or seek comfort in another location. A temporary IV catheter is then placed and the last medication is given.
If you seek more information regarding the process review the Paws into Grace Ebook.
What about the kids?
We welcome having children and other family members present. This is an important life lesson for kids, and although they are sad, they also learn that death is ok to talk about. Our Family Support Team is here to help you through the process.
In addition to our regular San Diego euthanasia service, we also offer a Family Package and a Celebration of Life, which is designed to offer family support and create a transitional ceremony surrounding the euthanasia. If you would like one-to-one help or would like to schedule an appointment, we are also available at 619-324-8610.
Fees for San Diego In-Home Pet Euthanasia
- Our basic in-home San Diego pet euthanasia plan offers affordable, compassionate in-home euthanasia with a Paws into Grace Veterinarian. The medications and euthanasia procedure are the same in all of our packages.
- Prices start at $295 for pets under 100 pounds, $345 for pets over 100 pounds (refunds are not available)*
- Aftercare available for an additional fee.
Premier Family Package
- Initial phone consult with Family Support Specialist
- Our premier San Diego in-home pet euthanasia family package offers our compassionate in-home euthanasia along with the assistance of a Family Support Specialist, who is there to hold the sacred space for the family, answer questions for the children and adults, and ease the pressure off the primary caregiver so you can focus on your pet.
- Includes: music therapy for your pet (if desired), a pet remembrance scrapbook for children or journal for adults
- Aftercare available for an additional fee
- Prices start at $445 (refunds are not available)*
Celebration of Life
- Our premium package(s) offers a comprehensive collection of San Diego euthanasia services for owners who want their pet’s transition to be an event of celebration and remembrance.
- Includes: All the services in the Premier Family package, as well as:
- a planning session with a Family Support Specialist
- Initial planning meeting with Family Support Specialist
- Compassionate in-home euthanasia
- A memorial ceremony – if desired
- Grief Support or Reiki Session (2)
- A personalized item of memorial jewelry (rustic dog tags)
- Premium aftercare services including a hand delivery of remains
- Call for prices
*Travel: Depending on location, a travel fee may apply.
After hours: $175 after hours fee for calls after 6 pm.
Cancellation Policy: A credit card is required to reserve an appointment time. The card is not charged until the appointment. Appointments canceled within 2 hours of the scheduled arrival time may incur the full appointment fee and appointments canceled within 6 hours of the scheduled arrival time may incur a cancellation fee of $100. We apologize but refunds are not available.
SAN DIEGO IN-HOME PET HOSPICE
Pet hospice care, just like traditional human hospice care, focuses on the quality of life and comfort of an individual rather than pursuing curative treatment. It does not connote giving up; it is simply a humane, selfless gift given with someone’s best interest in mind. At Paws into Grace, we provide a holistic approach to end-of-life management which involves educational and emotional support for the family, provided by our team.
While the primary aim of our San Diego pet hospice services is to enhance comfort and quality of life, research has shown pets in hospice typically live longer than pets whose owners have elected to pursue curative treatment. Extending precious moments in the twilight of your pet’s life can provide your family with invaluable memories.
San Diego Pet Hospice Consultation
If you are considering hospice for dogs, cats, or another pet, we provide a hospice consultation. Our 2-hour consultation includes a Quality of Life Assessment in addition to formulating a medical plan to give palliative care for your San Diego pet. We are open seven days a week, we are typically available for same day appointments, and do not charge any extra fees for last minute appointments. We get that this a challenging time to say the least, so we aren’t in the business of “nickel and diming” our clients for having a pet emergency.
Navigating the murky subjectivity of deciding when it is the correct time to say goodbye is a daunting prospect, especially when making the decision alone. When you choose to have Paws into Grace walk alongside you during this time, you don’t have to face this decision alone. We provide a Quality of Life Assessment to help you with planning. It’s a one-and-a-half-hour appointment where we discuss the coming months and what to expect. We will develop a tailored plan based on your wishes. Should you choose to utilize our San Diego cat or dog hospice services, we can turn the assessment into a hospice if that is the desired route.
If your pet has recently received a negative prognosis, consider our Quality of Life Assessment so that the professionals can help you determine the next steps. For now, you have access to our Quality of Life Scale, which can help owners get into the right frame of mind for determining what is to come. We attempt to take a holistic assessment of your pet’s well-being by considering factors like hurt, hunger, hydration, happiness, mobility, and more.
We can arrange for cremation services for your pet, should you require it. Information about our cremation services can be found on our San Diego Aftercare page.