Trust our professional Riverside veterinary team for pet euthanasia in your own home.
How Riverside In-Home Pet Euthanasia Works
When our veterinarian arrives she will greet you and your pet and review any paperwork that may be required. This can be filled out ahead of time by downloading the consent form.
We will review the process with you from beginning to end and answer any questions you might have.
A combination of a sedative and a pain medication will be administered to relax your pet into deep sedation. This takes about 10-15 minutes and you will be by their side the entire time.
When the final euthanasia procedure begins we will let you know. You may decide to stay, or you may relocate to another room if that would make you feel more comfortable. We then place a temporary IV catheter and administer the last medication.
More information can be found on our in-home euthanasia process in the Paws into Grace Ebook, available for download.
Why Pet Euthanasia in your Riverside Home?
- The veterinarian’s office surrounds your pet with different smells, medical devices, and unfamiliar people. Pets may not understand or anticipate death, but they can anticipate discomfort.
- At home, your pet is at his or her most comfortable. They can stay in their favorite spot in the sun, in their bed, or move to a different area of the house if they become uncomfortable.
- You can be there by yourself or with the whole extended family. You will not feel rushed, and you don’t need to drive home after the procedure.
- Death is a major life transition. Euthanasia at home minimizes the medical aspect of this transition and allows you to focus on your pet.
Should Kids be Present?
Kids and other family members can, and we believe should be, present. Though they may be sad, this is an important life lesson for children. This also teaches them that it is ok to talk about death. Our Family Support Team is here to help you through the process.
In addition to our regular euthanasia service, we also offer a Family Package and a Celebration of Life, which is designed to offer family support and create a transitional ceremony surrounding the euthanasia.
If you would like one-to-one help or would like to schedule an appointment, we are also available at 619-324-8610.
Fees for Riverside In-Home Pet Euthanasia
- Our basic in-home Riverside pet euthanasia plan offers affordable, compassionate in-home euthanasia with a Paws into Grace Veterinarian.
- The medications and euthanasia procedures are the same in all of our packages.
- Prices start at $345 for pets under 100 pounds, $395 for pets over 100 pounds + (refunds are not available)*
- Aftercare available for an additional fee
Premier Family Package
- Initial phone consult with Family Support Specialist
- Our premier in-home pet euthanasia family package offers our compassionate in-home euthanasia along with the assistance of a Family Support Specialist. This specialist will:
- Hold the sacred space for the family
- Answer questions for the children and adults
- Ease the pressure off the primary caregiver so you can focus on your pet.
- Includes: music therapy for your pet (if desired), a pet remembrance scrapbook for children or journal for adults
- Aftercare available for an additional fee
- Prices start at $495 (refunds are not available)*
Celebration of Life
- Our premium package(s) offers a comprehensive collection of services for owners who want their pet’s transition to be an event of celebration and remembrance.
- Includes: All the services in the Premier Family package, as well as:
- Initial planning meeting with Family Support Specialist
- Compassionate in-home euthanasia
- A memorial ceremony – if desired
- Grief Support or Reiki Session (2)
- A personalized item of memorial jewelry (rustic dog tags)
- Premium aftercare services including a hand delivery of remains
- Call for prices
*Travel: Depending on location, a travel fee may apply.
After hours: $175 after hours fee for calls after 6 pm.
Cancellation Policy: A credit card is required to reserve an appointment time. The card is not charged until the appointment. Appointments canceled within 2 hours of the scheduled arrival time may incur the full appointment fee and appointments canceled within 6 hours of the scheduled arrival time may incur a cancellation fee of $100. We apologize but refunds are not available.