How Riverside In-Home Pet Euthanasia Works
When our veterinarian arrives she will greet you and your pet and review any paperwork that may be required. This can be filled out ahead of time by downloading the consent form.
We will review the process with you from beginning to end and answer any questions you might have.
A combination of a sedative and a pain medication will be administered to relax your pet into deep sedation. This takes about 10-15 minutes and you will be by their side the entire time.
When the final euthanasia procedure begins we will let you know. You may decide to stay, or you may relocate to another room if that would make you feel more comfortable. We then place a temporary IV catheter and administer the last medication.
More information can be found on our in-home euthanasia process in the Paws into Grace Ebook, available for download.
Why Pet Euthanasia in your Riverside Home?
- The veterinarian’s office surrounds your pet with different smells, medical devices, and unfamiliar people. Pets may not understand or anticipate death, but they can anticipate discomfort.
- At home, your pet is at his or her most comfortable. They can stay in their favorite spot in the sun, in their bed, or move to a different area of the house if they become uncomfortable.
- You can be there by yourself or with the whole extended family. You will not feel rushed, and you don’t need to drive home after the procedure.
- Death is a major life transition. Euthanasia at home minimizes the medical aspect of this transition and allows you to focus on your pet.
Should Kids be Present?
Kids and other family members can, and we believe should be, present. Though they may be sad, this is an important life lesson for children. This also teaches them that it is ok to talk about death. Our Family Support Team is here to help you through the process.
If you would like one-to-one help or would like to schedule an appointment, we are available at (619) 977-6698.
Fees for Riverside In-Home Pet Euthanasia
- Our in-home Riverside pet euthanasia plan offers affordable, compassionate in-home euthanasia with a Paws into Grace Veterinarian.
- Prices start at $345 for pets under 100 pounds, $395 for pets over 100 pounds + (refunds are not available)*
- Aftercare available for an additional fee
*Travel: Depending on location, a travel fee may apply.
After hours: $175 after hours fee for calls 5:30 PM and later
Cancellation Policy: A credit card is required to reserve an appointment time. The card is not charged until the appointment. Appointments canceled within 2 hours of the scheduled arrival time may incur the full appointment fee. We apologize but refunds are not available.