Saying goodbye is never easy, but having access to an organization like Paws into Grace can make the entire process a healing experience.
Available seven days a week, 8 am to 5 pm, and for appointments by request between 6 pm to 8 pm, Paws into Grace proudly services Orange County with in-home pet euthanasia services and more.
Orange County Pet Euthanasia Services in Your Own Home
Giving your pet the gift of a peaceful, comfortable goodbye can be one of the most meaningful and impactful choices you make regarding saying farewell.
Making the decision to say goodbye to a member of your family can be a heavy burden to bear. While nothing can make that decision an easy and pain-free one, we can tell you that you are not alone.
Some might tell you that you will probably “just know” when it is time to say goodbye, but the reality of the situation is that it’s impossible to say exactly how much pain your cherished pet is in. After their pet’s passing, we often hear of owner’s expressing regret over waiting too long to call in veterinary euthanasia at home services.
Here are a few of the most common reasons that people in Orange County elect to go with pet euthanasia at home.
- When you are at home, your pet is relaxed, peaceful, and comfortable. If your pet is near the end of their life, they are likely in constant pain and the trip to the vet’s office might be gratuitous.
- Once you arrive at the vet, there are a host of new smells and potentially frightening objects and devices. Pets have the capacity to anticipate discomfort. This possibility is much less likely when using at home pet hospice services.
- You have the ability to control the environment for your pet. Whether you want it to be a small, private matter or have the entire family around, you get to make the choice.
- Being able to have children present in a familiar environment can be a valuable life lesson for kids. Although it will be sad, children can learn that it is okay to process and talk about death. Our Family Support Team can help you through this grieving process.
What to Expect From In-Home Orange County Euthanasia
If you elect to go with our home pet euthanasia service, here’s what you can expect. Our veterinarian will arrive at your home and greet you and your pet before reviewing some paperwork with you.
Next, we will administer a sedative alongside pain medication. Your cherished pet will be deeply relaxed in about ten or fifteen minutes.
You are given the choice to stay by your pet’s side or go to another room if you would prefer. When the last medication is given, a temporary IV catheter is placed.
We have memorial, aftercare, and pet cremation options available, which we will discuss more below.
Fees for Orange County In-Home Pet Euthanasia
- Our basic in-home pet euthanasia plan offers affordable, compassionate in-home euthanasia with an Orange County Paws into Grace Veterinarian.
- The medications and euthanasia procedure are the same in all of our packages.
- Prices start at $455 for pets under 100 pounds, $505 for pets over 100 pounds + (refunds are not available)*
- Aftercare is available for an additional fee
Premier Family Package
- Initial phone consult with Family Support Specialist
- Our premier in-home pet euthanasia family package offers our compassionate in-home euthanasia along with the assistance of a Family Support Specialist, who is there to hold the sacred space for the family, answer questions for the children and adults, and ease the pressure off the primary caregiver so you can focus on your pet.
- Includes: music therapy for your pet (if desired), a pet remembrance scrapbook for children or journal for adults
- Aftercare available for an additional fee
- Prices start at $605 (refunds are not available)*
Celebration of Life
- Our premium package(s) offers a comprehensive collection of services for owners who want their pet’s transition to be an event of celebration and remembrance.
- Includes: All the services in the Premier Family package, as well as:a planning session with a Family Support Specialist
- Initial planning meeting with Family Support Specialist
- Compassionate in-home euthanasia
- A memorial ceremony – if desired
- Grief Support or Reiki Session (2)
- A personalized item of memorial jewelry (rustic dog tags)
- Premium aftercare services including a hand delivery of remains
- Call for prices
*Travel: Depending on location, a travel fee may apply.
After hours: $175 after hours fee for calls after 6 pm.
Cancellation Policy: A credit card is required to reserve an appointment time. The card is not charged until the appointment. Appointments canceled within 2 hours of the scheduled arrival time may incur the full appointment fee and appointments canceled within 6 hours of the scheduled arrival time may incur a cancellation fee of $100. We apologize but refunds are not available.
Pet Hospice Orange County
We’ve used this term a few times now, so you might be wondering what comprises pet hospice. Pet hospice care, just like traditional human hospice care, focuses on the quality of life and comfort of an individual rather than pursuing curative treatment.
It does not connote giving up; it is simply a humane, selfless gift given with someone’s best interest in mind.
At Paws into Grace, we provide a holistic approach to end-of-life management which involves educational and emotional support for the family, provided by our team.
The primary aim of our Orange County pet hospice services is to enhance comfort and quality of life. You might find it interesting to learn that research has shown pets in hospice typically live longer than pets whose owners have elected to pursue curative treatment.
Extending precious moments in the twilight of your pet’s life can provide your family with invaluable memories.
Pet Hospice Consultation
If you are considering hospice for dogs, cats, or another pet, we provide hospice consultations. Our 1.5-hour consultation includes a Quality of Life Assessment in addition to formulating a medical plan to give palliative care for your pet.
We are open seven days a week, we are typically available for same day appointments, and do not charge any extra fees for last minute appointments.
We get that this a challenging time to say the least, so we aren’t in the business of “nickel and diming” our clients for having a pet emergency.
Quality of Life Assessment
Navigating the murky subjectivity of deciding when it is the correct time to say goodbye is a daunting prospect, especially when making the decision alone. When you choose to have Paws into Grace walk alongside you during this time, you don’t have to face this decision alone.
We provide a Quality of Life Assessment to help you with planning. It’s a one-and-a-half-hour appointment where we discuss the coming months and what to expect. We will develop a tailored plan based on your wishes. Should you choose to utilize our cat or dog hospice services, we can turn the assessment into a hospice if that is the desired route.
If your pet has recently received a negative prognosis, consider our Quality of Life Assessment so that the professionals can help you determine the next steps. For now, you have access to our Quality of Life Scale, which can help owners get into the right frame of mind for determining what is to come.
We attempt to take a holistic assessment of your pet’s well-being by considering factors like hurt, hunger, hydration, happiness, mobility, and more.