Orange County Pet Euthanasia Services in Your Own Home
Giving your pet the gift of a peaceful, comfortable goodbye can be one of the most meaningful and impactful choices you make regarding saying farewell.
Making the decision to say goodbye to a member of your family can be a heavy burden to bear. While nothing can make that decision an easy and pain-free one, we can tell you that you are not alone.
Some might tell you that you will probably “just know” when it is time to say goodbye, but the reality of the situation is that it’s impossible to say exactly how much pain your cherished pet is in. After their pet’s passing, we often hear of owner’s expressing regret over waiting too long to call in veterinary euthanasia at home services.
Here are a few of the most common reasons that people in Orange County elect to go with pet euthanasia at home.
- When you are at home, your pet is relaxed, peaceful, and comfortable. If your pet is near the end of their life, they are likely in constant pain and the trip to the vet’s office might be gratuitous.
- Once you arrive at the vet, there are a host of new smells and potentially frightening objects and devices. Pets have the capacity to anticipate discomfort. This possibility is much less likely when using at home pet hospice services.
- You have the ability to control the environment for your pet. Whether you want it to be a small, private matter or have the entire family around, you get to make the choice.
- Being able to have children present in a familiar environment can be a valuable life lesson for kids. Although it will be sad, children can learn that it is okay to process and talk about death. Our Family Support Team can help you through this grieving process.
What to Expect From In-Home Orange County Euthanasia
If you elect to go with our home pet euthanasia service, here’s what you can expect. Our veterinarian will arrive at your home and greet you and your pet before reviewing some paperwork with you.
Next, we will administer a sedative alongside pain medication. Your cherished pet will be deeply relaxed in about ten or fifteen minutes.
You are given the choice to stay by your pet’s side or go to another room if you would prefer. When the last medication is given, a temporary IV catheter is placed.
We have memorial, aftercare, and pet cremation options available, which we will discuss more below.
Fees for Orange County In-Home Pet Euthanasia
- Our in-home pet euthanasia plan offers affordable, compassionate in-home euthanasia with an Orange County Paws into Grace Veterinarian.
- Prices start at $485 for pets under 100 pounds, $515 for pets over 100 pounds + a travel fee, depending on your location.
- Aftercare is available for an additional fee
After hours: $175 after hours fee for appointments starting between 5:30 PM and 7 PM, and $250 for appointments starting between 7:15 PM and 9 PM
Cancellation Policy: A credit card is required to reserve an appointment time. The card is not charged until the appointment. Appointments canceled within 2 hours of the scheduled arrival time may incur the full appointment fee. We apologize but refunds are not available.