Why Pet Euthanasia At Home?
- The vet’s office is associated with unfamiliar smells, thermometers, and white coats. Even though pets do not understand or anticipate death, they do anticipate discomfort.
- At home, your pet is at his or her most comfortable. They don’t need to leave their favorite spot in the sun or move when they are in pain.
- You can be there by yourself or with the whole extended family. You can take your time, plus you don’t need to drive home afterwards.
- Death is a major life transition. Euthanasia at home minimizes the medical aspect of this transition and allows you to focus on your pet.
Locations served for In-Home Pet Euthanasia Services
What to Expect
Our veterinarian will arrive, greet you and your pet, and review paperwork. This can be filled out ahead of time by downloading the consent form. We will review the process and answer any questions.
We will administer a sedative plus a pain medication to allow your pet to relax into a deep sedation in about 10-15 minutes. You will be right by their side. We will inform you of the final procedure, allowing you to decide to stay or seek comfort in another location. A temporary IV catheter is then placed and the last medication is given.
If you seek more information regarding the process review the Paws into Grace Ebook.
What about the kids?
We welcome having children and other family members present. This is an important life lesson for kids, and although they are sad, they also learn that death is ok to talk about. Our Family Support Team is here to help you through the process.
If you would like one-to-one help or would like to schedule an appointment, we are available at (619) 977-6698.
Fees for In-Home Pet Euthanasia
- Our in-home pet euthanasia plan offers compassionate in-home euthanasia with a Paws into Grace Veterinarian.
- San Diego: Prices start at $350 for pets under 100 pounds, $400 for pets 100+ pounds. Depending on location, a travel fee may apply.
- Temecula/Murrieta: Prices start at $400 for pets under 100 pounds, $450 for pets 100+ pounds. Depending on location, a travel fee may apply.
- Orange County: Prices start at $485 for pets under 100 pounds, $535 for pets 100+ pounds. Depending on location, a travel fee may apply.
- Aftercare available for an additional fee
After Hours: $175 after hours fee for appointments starting between 5:30 PM and 7 PM, and $250 for appointments starting between 7:15 PM and 9 PM
Cancellation Policy: A credit card is required to reserve an appointment time. The card is not charged until the appointment. Appointments canceled within 2 hours of the scheduled arrival time may incur the full appointment fee. We apologize but refunds are not available.
We can arrange for cremation services for your pet, should you require it. Information about our cremation services can be found on our Aftercare page.