Our favorite blind sous chef loved homemade dog biscuits
We love our furbabies and want the best for them! One of our favorite ways to spoil them is to bake homemade treats. Homemade treats are healthier than most store-bought ones and contain no added sugar or preservatives. This easy recipe has just four ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups whole wheat flour (or more, as needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add pumpkin purée, peanut butter and eggs to a bowl. Use the paddle attachment with an electric mixer, or a spoon if you prefer to do this by hand and beat on medium-high until well combined.
- Turn the mixer on low and gradually add 2 ½ cups of whole wheat flour. Beat until incorporated.
- Add ¼ cup flour at a time until the dough is no longer sticky.
- On a lightly floured surface, dump out the dough and knead until it comes together.
- Roll the dough to ¼ inch thickness.
- Use your favorite cookie cutters to cut out fun shapes for your pooch.
- Place cutouts onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before treating your pet!