We love our furbabies and want the best for them! One of our favorite ways to spoil them is to bake homemade treats. Homemade treats are healthier than most store-bought ones and contain no added sugar or preservatives. This easy recipe has just four ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups whole wheat flour (or more, as needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add pumpkin purée, peanut butter and eggs to a bowl. Use the paddle attachment with an electric mixer, or a spoon if you prefer to do this by hand and beat on medium-high until well combined.
- Turn the mixer on low and gradually add 2 ½ cups of whole wheat flour. Beat until incorporated.
- Add ¼ cup flour at a time until the dough is no longer sticky.
- On a lightly floured surface, dump out the dough and knead until it comes together.
- Roll the dough to ¼ inch thickness.
- Use your favorite cookie cutters to cut out fun shapes for your pooch.
- Place cutouts onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before treating your pet!