“How do I know when it’s time?”
“How do I tell the children?”
“Will my pet be in pain?”
“What if I don’t want to go to a specialist?”
“My spouse and I disagree on whether or not it is time.”
Receiving a terminal diagnosis for a beloved pet is devastating.
Before the need for pet euthanasia at home, families are faced with very difficult decisions about when to stop treatment, when to say goodbye, and how to move forward after loss. Many times we here at Paws Into Grace meet families at the very end of a pet’s life and hear stories of uncertainty and regret that make us think, “I wish we had spoken a month ago!”
That’s why we are introducing Birdsong, a new program that honors the family and helps usher you through this difficult time in a way that is meaningful to you and respects your family’s wishes and needs.
Birdsong is much more than pain management
Though that is a vital component of end-of-life care, our program is based on five core principles:
- Education: knowing what to expect is vital to the process
- Facilitation: we help and guide, but decisions are yours to make
- Inclusion: we welcome the entire family, including children and other pets
- Respect: everyone has different beliefs and values, and our job is to be here for you in a way that honors yours
- Remembrance: recognizing the role your pet has played in your life is vital to the healing process
The Birdsong program utilizes a team-based approach to ensure every family’s unique experience is tailored to them. While Dr. Benson and Dr. Vogelsang are the managers for patient care, we have assembled a team of counselors, advocates, and aftercare specialists available for each family.
Birdsong assists you through the entire transition of end-of-life care by providing you exactly what you need, when you need it:
- Quality of Life Evaluations
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- In-Home Euthanasia
- Memorial Services
- Personalized Support
We are also pleased to offer the first of its kind Celebration of Life package:
Celebration of life
The Celebration of Life Package was designed in response to families who asked for a personalized, meaningful transition ceremony for their beloved pets but were not sure how to plan it.
We have taken our most requested premium services and present them in one package to reduce the number of decisions you to need to make at this stressful time. Our family support coordinator will meet you to get to know your family and determine your wishes and needs then we will take care of the rest.
Our package includes:
- Initial session with a family support coordinator to plan your Memorial ceremony
- A Joy Heart photography session with your pet
- Handmade jewelry tribute including a leather photo bracelet or a hand stamped namesake necklace
- Family grief support session
- Memorial ceremony
- Home Euthanasia
- Premium cremation service
We are proud to offer what we believe to be one of the most comprehensive services in the country for families who want to honor their pet’s life.
We believe our “family first” approach will change the way people experience pet loss. With Birdsong, sadness and beauty are not mutually exclusive.
The best time to contact us is when your pet first receives a terminal diagnosis. The earlier you are informed and able to plan, the more empowered you will feel in the challenging days ahead. Call us at 619 717-8646 or email us at [email protected] to learn more about Birdsong.