Pet Cremation Services
Deciding what to do with a beloved pet after their passing is a very personal decision. In San Diego, most owners elect for pet cremation, although some elect to bury their pet at home where permitted by law.
Pet parents may make their own arrangements, or we may assist you by making the arrangements for you with a pet crematorium that is respectful, trustworthy and personalized.
- Communal pet cremation: Ashes are not returned to the owner and are respectfully scattered at sea. Prices begin at $125 (weight dependent).
- Individual pet cremation: Your pet’s own ashes will be in a cedar urn, with a personalized, engraved nameplate, along with a clay paw print, fur clipping and a certificate of cremation. Prices begin at $200 (weight dependent).
- Individual pet cremation with home hand delivery: We understand that sometimes it can be too difficult to pick up your beloved companion animal’s remains. We can provide a home hand delivery for an an additional $75.
Sometimes the decisions are too powerful for you to make and we understand your grief. Allow us to help you and put your mind at ease when moving forward with pet cremation. Please contact us for more information.
To make planning easier, we also offer several unique art and jewelry memorial items that we can add to any of our service packages to make the process one step easier. Items are ordered by Paws into Grace and delivered directly to you.
Those pet memorial items are viewable here.
Celebration of Life
Pet memorial services are a tremendously healing way to celebrate the life of a beloved pet. Children in particular learn lifelong lessons about healthy grief by being part of this process of remembrance. A pet memorial can be as simple and intimate as a letter to a pet or as elaborate as a full party full of loved ones. We can help you create an experience meaningful for you.
In response to many families’ feedback, we also offer a Celebration of Life Package that combines all of the most requested pet end-of-life services. This is an ideal option for those who may feel overwhelmed at having too many decisions to make in a stressful time, but want the assurance of having the most meaningful moments we can provide. The Celebration of Life Package includes:
- An initial consultation with our Family Care Expert to determine your family’s wishes and needs
- A plan for a personalized, meaningful celebration of life ceremony either before, during, or after the passing of the pet
- Home Euthanasia with Dr. Benson, as well as our Family Care Expert present to offer family support
- Premium individual aftercare services including home pickup at your convenience, to allow you time afterwards with your pet should you desire it
- Home hand delivery of remains
- A memorial jewelry item to remember your pet
Please contact us for more information.